Wednesday 21 April 2010

Phyto, the blurb!

If you want to know more about what I think re Phyto, check out my other post above.


In this post I'll let you know what Phyto say about the 4 items I own, some of what it says on the box, some of the ingredients, the directions of use, etc etc.

I have:
Phytopolleine.  This is a pre-shampoo scalp stimulant with essential oils and is 100% botanical.
I purchased this from Boots for £19.50.
25ml/0.84 fl.oz

On the box it says: "Phytopolleine is a botanical stimulant that helps regulate and purify the scalp.  It also can be used as a long-term treatment to inject life back into a weakened scalp and lackluster hair.
Phytopolleine's original formular is comprised of 1750 grams of fresh plants per 25m of concentrated solution.  The synergetic action and revitalising power of the 72% essential oils (cajeput, lemon, rosemary, sage, cypress) combined with corn germ oil, stimulates microcirculation, making phytopolleine a genuine scalp stimulant."

Directions for use:  Use before shampoo 1 to 2 times a week.

  • Apply directly to the scalp section by section, using the dropper bottle.
  • Massage gently into scalp
  • Leave in for 20 minutes, and then wash with appropriate shampoo.

Phytocyane a shampoo for thinning hair.

On the leaflet it says: "This shampoo works to restore hair vitality trough the synergistic action of its botanical active ingredients.  Ginkgo biloba is combined with vitamin B6 to stimulate cell metabolism and hair resistance, thus fortifying hair.
  Grapeseed procyanidins (OPG), free radicals capture, thus protecting the hair bulb and preventing the appearance of aging signs. 
A cinchona bark extract with stimulating qualities, combined with a mild washing base derived from coconut oil, ensure that Phytocyane shampoo is effective and gentle."


To shampoo my hair with this I take a capful, distribute it around my hair and shampoo then rinse, then I take another capful and massage it in leaving for 5 minutes until I rinse it out.  A little, esp with the 2nd shampoo, goes a long way.

I purchased this from Feel Unique for £8.50 delivered (RRP £10.)
200ml/6.7 fl.oz
(use within 12 months of opening)


I follow with: Phytojoba mask.  I can't actually tell you much about this as Ive lost the leaflet that comes with it, but basically it is an intense hydrating mask for dry hair.  The scent of this is just wonderful and I love using it just for the smell alone!
I apply this and leave it for about 3-5 minutes, then I rinse it off.  Its not heavy, sticky or nasty in any way and it always leaves my hair with a weightless, super soft feel.
You can check out the product, along with a short video at the Phyto website

I purchased this in Boots for £18.50
200ml/6.7 fl.oz
(use within 6 months of opening)


Lastly I use Phytomist as a leave-in conditioner.

On the side of the bottle/can it says: An instant conditioner specially formulated for colour-treated hair, Phytomist is a delicately scented spray. Easy and enjoyable to use, it works to restore suppleness and shine from the very first application.
Lotus flowers, rich in nourishing plant extracts, help maintain moisture levels while hyrolyzed keratin coats damaged hair and facilitates detangling.
A Phytoprotective extract obtained from sunflower, combined with red algae rich in trace elements, works to prevent oxidation caused by environmental stress factors.  Instantly hair is easier to detangle and regains shine.

I spray this on towel dried hair, it can also be used for between shampoos to soften the ends.  I have to say though that the more I use the mask, the less Im needing to use the leave-in conditioner, so I suspect this will last me quite a long time.

I purchased this in Boots for £13.00
150ml/ 5.07 fl.oz
(use within 18 mths of opening)


I did purchase most of the items from Boots because they were on 3 for 2 at the time, however since that offer is no longer available I would recommend you look at Feel Unique because some products (most infact) are cheaper than I could find at most places online.  Its also set out nicely on their website so its easy to determine which products your hair would need.

Have a happy hair day!  :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading what you have to say! :)